Kindergarten end of the year assessments can be time consuming! It can be quite a stressful time when you add in all the other end of the year activities you are planning and preparing for.
At the beginning of the year, I created some digital Boom Card assessments that teachers could use either in person or through distance learning. These assessments are great to get a general idea of where each student is, and what they might need assistance with going forward.
End of the Year Skills
When I started to list out all of the end-of-the-year skills that I usually test for I was shocked at the amount of them. You forget how much kindergarten students learn and grow in the course of a year!
At the beginning of the year, you hope that students know at least some of their letters. Fast forward to the end and they need to know all their letters, the sounds they make, and how to put those sounds together to make words! So much growth!
Here are some of the things that I like to test for at the end of the year, and a sample of the digital assessments I made.
- Sight Words
- Rhyming Words
- Letter Sound Recognition
- Letter Name Recognition
- CVCE Words
- Beginning Blends
- CVC Words
Math skills I am testing for at the end of the year include the following:
- 2D and 3D Shapes
- Addition and Subtraction to 5 Fluency
- Teen Number Recognition
- Counting/ One-to-One Correspondance
- Counting On
- Making an equation
- Making 10
- Number Comparison
- Number Recogniton
How to Use the Assessments
- Distance Learning – Assign these decks to students for them to complete at home.
- Screen Sharing – Complete assessments one-on-one with students during distance learning.
- In-Class One-on-One – Sit with each child as they complete the deck and record their answers.
- Independent Assessment – Let students complete the deck independently to get an overview of their level of mastery.
These decks have a lot of different uses. After you are done with the assessments you can assign them during center time, for homework, or as a whole-class review. If you are interested in this end-of-the-year digital assessment bundle you can click on the links below. You can also buy each deck individually through my Boom Store. You can also preview play all of the decks of the Boom Learning platform.