Math vocabulary is essential for kindergarteners to develop strong math language skills. This resource will help your students understand key math terms in a developmentally appropriate way.
There are 117 math vocabulary cards included, which are perfect to use on your objectives board, focus wall, or math board. Daily vocabulary review will help your students retain and apply the words.
The math vocabulary cards come with an accompanying student journal resource available in two sizes. The smaller size fits in an interactive vocabulary notebook. Students will write the word and draw a picture to represent the word.
The vocabulary words covered are:
- Numbers 1-30
- count on
- how many?
- greater than
- less than
- ten frame
- plus sign, minus sign, equal sign
- mental math
- word problem
- base 10 blocks
- number line
- length, width, height, weight
- heavier, lighter, even
- more, less
- taller, shorter, longer
- Prepositions – before, after, around, behind, beneath, beside, between, down, far, front, in, inside, near, on, over, through, under, up
- 2-D Shapes – circle, square, triangle, oval, rectangle, hexagon, octagon, pentagon, rhombus, parallelogram, trapezoid
- 3-D Shapes – triangular prism, cone, cube, cylinder, pyramid, rectangular prism, sphere
- same, different, alike
- number bond
- flat, solid
- composite shape
- side, vertex, equal sides
Check out my other vocabulary resources for kindergarten: